"What you are to be, you are now becoming." - Brother John O. Moseley
The Founding of Sigma Alpha Epsilon - SAE
University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
March 9, 1856
The Phoenix constantly brings new members and True Gentlemen
into our fraternity
In the News
- National Poker Tourney "Next Month!": The Henderson, Nevada Alumni Association has announced its sponsorship of the Inaugural National SAE Poker Tournament. Its members are hosting the event at Fiesta Rancho Casino in Las Vegas, NV, on October 12-13, 2013. For more details, visit http://www.saepoker.com. Participants must be age 21 or older to sign up.
- N.I.C. Tuition Scholarships: Sigma Alpha Epsilon offers tuition scholarships for nationally-recognized training by the North-American Interfraternity Conference. The Jon Williamson Futures Quest is a three-day program in December and January that targets new fraternity members and provides leadership training to men who have recently joined the Greek-letter community. The NIC conducts two sessions: December xx-xx, 2013 and January x-x, 2014. All sessions are held at Camp Tecumseh in central Indiana. Click HERE for our application, and click HERE to find out more details on the program from the NIC.
- Fraternity Forms and Applications: We’ve introduced newer, more user-friendly technology for some of the organization’s most commonly used forms and applications. From the Recruitment Recommendation Form to the Incident Report Form to the Special Non-Student Initiation Form, you can find the entire listing online anytime by clicking HERE.
- Required Certifications: Sigma Alpha Epsilon has implemented multiple On-line Certification Programs (OCP's) designed to enhance the knowledge of alumni volunteers, collegiate leaders and new members about the policies and procedures of the Fraternity. These required certification programs will focus on several positions, including, but not limited to Alumni Advisory Board Members and Alumni Volunteers, Eminent Archon, New Member Educator, Eminent Treasurer, Health and Safety Manager and all new members during their New Member Education process. Each program concludes with a quiz regarding the material presented to determine the level of understanding obtained on its content. Member completion of these quizzes will be tracked on the Fraternity Service Center's national database.
- Health and Safety Focus (formerly known as Risk Management): As we embark on a new academic year, member health and safety are the new buzzwords to keep in mind for the 2014 academic year. We are proud of the progress we’ve made thus far, including the stronger focus on health and safety education and overall risk mitigation. Minerva’s Shield is the ultimate source for our policies and procedures related to risk. It has recently been updated with two new policies. You can find it anytime online by clicking HERE.
- PHOENIX ON-LINE: An on-line version of The Phoenix our new member education manual is available by clicking HERE.
- PROVINCE EPSILON: The province is looking for alumni volunteers to serve in various capacities (alumni advisory board member, alumni association officer, chapter advisor, house corporation officer and province officers). Contact Province Archon, Tracy Anderson, if interested.
- INACTIVE COLLEGIATE MEMBERS: Fraternal laws regarding Inactive Status will now be strictly enforced. No collegiate member shall be allowed to go inactive unless they have met the minimum two year committment, paid all financial obligations and received approval from the chapter and the province archon.
- Facebook/MySpace, etc., pages and other on-line materials must be kept in good taste and conform to fraternal and university laws & regulations at all times. Please ensure compliance and continue to be our Brother's Keeper.
Click here for "In the News" Archives
Our Creed: The True Gentleman (click to view)
SAE Fraternity Facts & Figures (click to view)
For additions or corrections to this page or to the website, please contact the Webmaster (click to e-mail).